Friday, July 18, 2008

Peace of Mind

I have an idea. And I hope is a good one. This is my coffee shop…..

…What do ya think? The floor plan is rough but I hope to have this up and running in Denver CO by 2010. This is a plan I have been working on for the past two years but I have been a little reserved in telling people because I fear it will crash and burn and I will be a failure. But I’m giving it to God in hope that he will make it better than I could ever dream. The plan is to have this be a homeless outreach center. As you can see in back there is a place to shower, wash clothes and rest and I will hopefully be able to keep food on hand to give out. And in the front of the shop there will be grate coffee and lots of books. I hope to facilitate a peaceful, unthreatening environment ware people who have questions can come and come in contact with people who have knowledge of scripture and have there questions answered. I do not want to be involved in a place that sets traps for potential Christians but rather a place ware the word can fall on fertile soil and God can take over. For this plan to work people with knowledge need to be involved. I hope to have Bible studies here and keep the shop open late into the evening. I know this is not a church but I fear evolving other churches because then their agendas may be in conflict with what I hope to produce. I want to show people Christ and instill a desire to be like him, a Christian; not a Lutheran, Catholic, Apostle of Christ or a Church of Christ Christian, but just a Christian. I want to tell the world about Jesus not about the conflicts within his body. Why should and infant in Christ be forced to take sides or leave? That’s not how Christ would do it. The seed needs to be planted and questions need to be answered but that’s as far as I will go with out God’s prompting. And if a person comes in wanting just a cup of coffee than he or she will get it, it’s up to God for anything ells.

1 comment:

Jocelyn Rochelle said...

I think that this is a great idea-how will you support yourself? How will you keep it going? You will need church support won't you? If anyone could pull this off-you can. Idea: you may need to partner up with someone "business-minded" to keep it all running so that you can focus on the people and the discipleship. You should study counseling, addiction, mental illness, and abnormal psych...knowledge in these areas to draw from will help you be more prepared. I believe that you already have a lot of Bible knowledge and a great love for others, and a heart to help. Good for you! I will try to think of some books and resources for you to look at. Is there a business club or something at your school? Have you heard of SIFE? It was a club at Cascade that put business plans together and got them up and running for people-sometimes it was a real business for someone who needed help starting it-and sometimes it was made up-but they know how to find grants and loans and set up the whole thing....see if your school has one-they may get credit to help you and you would get free help!