Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Camp! Camp! Camp! Mike Yankoski! Chillen With Willy! elders meeting...

So I must tell you how this week has gone. I woke up early Saturday July 5th and loaded up my things to go to camp. Several of the camp councilors went up a day early to get ready for camp. Not a bad trip I road with my host family, the Marenos, and spent the night. The next morning we prepared for the hoard of kids to arrive I got my Teepee and waited, anticipating the kids I would soon enjoy the week with. Willy, Cody, Cain and Avery were the ones who chose me as their councilor for the week, awesome kids! I can’t tell you every detail because I can’t remember them all, but I do remember the day Don Walker hurt himself it was the second day and I started hearing roomers that someone got hurt. I will spare you all the drama but Don’s truck started rolling backwards and Don was in the camper, he jumped out and was trying to get in the drivers side door and then got sandwiched between the door and a tree. Apparently there was a lot of blood coming out of his mouth and communication was difficult. He was taken to the hospital and we at camp received news that his lungs were filling with blood and that they were looking for the puncture. Every one was praying for him and then we found out there was no hole and things were going to be fine praise God. I believe there was a hole and God fixed it. Last update I heard Don was fighting off the doctors and nurses because he didn’t want pain killers. Camp went on and was a grate week several baptisms and, as always, wonderful conversations. Food was good, sleep was heard to get and God did what he wanted.

As I was leaving camp Brian said, “Hay Greg take a couple days off.” and I said, “ok!” I drove Don’s truck back to his house with no driver side door and then loaded up my stuff in my Jeep and headed off to Bend Oregon ware my sister lives with her husband and son. I had found out earlier this summer that Mike Yankoski was going to be speaking at the Antioch Church in Bend and I couldn’t miss this opportunity. Mike Yankoski is the author of the book Under the Overpass that is, with few exceptions, the best book I have ever read. I got to listen to this man speak about what he has done and what he planed to do but the best part is I got to meet him! We spoke, I tried so heard to not humiliate myself or suck up but I told him my plans and he was supportive and gave me advice! I actually just got an email from him and I have his phone number!!!! Sorry, I shouldn’t be bragging but I do hope God has things in mind for our paths to cross again.

The next day I got to take my nephew swimming at the public pool and we had a blast! I got some time to read and relax by the way I strongly recommend the book Unchristian. Well I’m sinning off because I now must go to an elders meeting. But this was a good week!

1 comment:

Jocelyn Rochelle said...

So Cool. This guy IS amazing!